Information Notice Regarding Data Collected from Public Sources
Information Notice Regarding Data Collected from Public Sources
Last Revised: 23rd of May, 2022
Webz.io Ltd.(“Webz.io”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protect the personal data that we collect and process, in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including acting in full transparency and providing data subjects with comprehensive disclosures regarding the personal data that we collect and process.
This Information Notice (the “Notice”) serves to inform members of the public of personal data we may collect and process as part of the collection, harvesting and scraping of data from the world-wide-web and other public sources. Such ‘scraped data’ is generally used to provide Webz.io’s customers with our services, namely the provision of access to structured web data sets, for enhancement of such customers’ business (the “Services”), all as further detailed in this Notice.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding personal data we my collect and process about you as part of such data collection and processing activities and how we will treat it.
1. About this Notice
This Notice applies to personally identifiable information (i.e., information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, hereinafter: “personal data”) that we collect and process when we scrape data from the world-wide-web and other public sources, as necessary for the provision of our Services to our customers.
Generally, our collection of personal data from public sources is indiscriminatory and does not relate to any specific individual. As such, this Notice is aimed at informing all members of the public of our personal data processing activities which relate to personal data that we scrape from the world-wide-web and other public sources. If you wish to know whether we process any personal data pertaining to you and/or to exercise your rights under applicable law with respect to such personal data, please refer to Section 7 below.
This Notice is intended to fulfil our duty as a ‘data controller’ of the relevant personal data to inform affected data subjects of our personal data processing activities and their corresponding rights as data subjects.
2. Who we are?
In this Notice, references to Webz.io, or to “we”, “our” or “us” are to Webz.io Ltd., which is a registered company in the state of Israel, no. 515404325 with registered address at 7 Metsada St. B.S.R Tower 4, POB 195 Bnei Brak 5126112 Israel.
Webz.io is a ‘data controller’ of the personal data covered under this Notice, in accordance with the EU’s Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and other data protection laws, meaning that we determine the purposes and means of processing such personal data.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for all matters relating to data protection at Webz.io, as follows:
Individuals wishing to contact us or our DPO with inquiries relating to this Notice or other data protection issues concerning the processing of their personal data by us, may do so by writing to us at the address stipulated above, by sending an email to [email protected] or by filling out our contact form under https://webz.io/tte/contact-us.
3. How Do We Collect Personal Data ?
We collect personal data by scraping the world-wide-web and other online resources for data which may be of value and interest to our customers, such as articles and posts from web forums. ‘Scraping’ is a concept of using automated data retrieval methodologies of different types and mechanisms, in order to efficiently collect large scale data from publicly available sources across the Internet.
Please note that we only collect data which is publicly available, and provide access to such data to our customers in a structured manner by extracting, categorizing and organizing such unstructured data, and turning it into machine-readable data feeds or static datasets for the benefit of our customers. This data may be used by our customers, via our Services, for purposes such as marketing technology, financial analysis, cybersecurity, market research and in machine learning applications.
Important note: generally, our data scraping activities are indiscriminatory and are not aimed at collecting or processing personal data of any specific individual or otherwise, but rather they are aimed at collecting business data which is of value and interest to our customers. However, when we scrape such business data, it may include certain personal data of individuals which is embedded therein. As such, we may process certain personal data of individuals, as part of such activities, as further detailed in this Notice.
4. Which types of Information we may Collect?
As detailed above, although our data scraping activities are aimed at collecting publicly available business-related data, we may collect any personal data included in such data pthat we scrape from the world-wide-web and other online resources. Such personal data may include names, online identifiers, technical information, opinions and any other category of personal data included therein.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers, as detailed below.
Important note: Webz.io does not intend and does not knowingly collect personal data of children under the age of sixteen (16). If we learn that we collected personal data of children under the age of sixteen (16) we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Please contact Webz.io via the contact details detailed in Section 2 above, if you have any reason to suspect that Webz.io collected personal data of children under the age of sixteen (16), and we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
5. What are the Purposes and Legal Basis of the Collection the Personal Data?
We collect and process personal data scraped from public online sources (i.e., personal data covered under this Notice), for the following purposes:
- To enable the operation of our Services, namely that we extract, categorize and organize unstructured data, and turn it into machine-readable data feeds or static datasets for the benefit of our customers;
- To conduct internal operations, namely, to improve our Services, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and for statistical purposes;
- To comply with our legal obligations and in legal proceedings; and
- To maintain our data processing records and general administrative purposes.
Note to individuals located in the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA)
Webz.io processes personal data, as detailed above, on the basis of our “legitimate interest” in operating our business and providing the Services to our customers and managing our internal operations, as further detailed above.
We have carried out a detailed balancing test to assess the impact of our personal data processing activities on you, to ensure that your interests, rights and freedoms do not override our legitimate interests and that your interests and fundamental rights are unharmed by our personal data processing activities. We have also put in place measures to ensure that any personal data we process is secured and to minimize any potential impact our personal data processing activities may have on you. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests
we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless required or permitted to by law).
Please note that you may object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, as further detailed under Section 7 below.
Please note that we may also process personal data for disclosure of information to authorities and to maintain data processing records and general administrative purposes, as required by legal obligations that apply to us.
6. Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
Generally, as part of our scraping activities, we only collect and process personal data which is publicly available. However, we will not share such data with third parties, other than in the following cases:
- Customers: as noted above, we will make the personal data available to our customers via our Services.
- Service Providers: Note, that we collect, hold and/or manage personal data through our authorized third party vendors of certain products or services (such as, cloud services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purpose. Such service providers include:
- cloud storage and processing services.
7. Your Rights
Webz.io acknowledges that you have the right to access and request that we change or delete the personal data we collect and process about you. However, if you find that you are unable to do so or if you wish to access or to correct, amend, or delete your personal data, please contact us via one of the contact methods stipulated under Section 2 above, and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe, but in any event no later than permitted by applicable law.
Note to individuals located in the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA):
We hereby inform you of the following rights (by virtue of EU law), in respect of your personal data:
- Right to access: you may have the right to know whether we process personal data pertaining to you and request a review of your personal data processed by Webz.io. We may refuse to comply with your access request if the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive in nature.
- Right to rectification: if your personal data processed by Webz.io is incorrect, incomplete or not processed in compliance with applicable law or this Notice, you may have the right to have your personal data rectified.
- Right to erasure: under certain conditions, you may be entitled to require that Webz.io will delete or "block" your personal data (e.g., if the continued processing of those data is not justified).
- Right to Portability: you may have the right to transfer your personal data between data controllers (i.e., to transfer your personal data to another entity). The right to data portability only applies where your personal data is processed by us with your consent or for the performance of a contract and when processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object to or withdraw consent: where that lawful basis for processing your personal data is either "public interest" or "legitimate interests", those lawful bases are not absolute, and you may have the right to object to such processing. Where you object on the grounds of legitimate interest, we shall no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
- The right to restrict processing: under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data due to your particular situation.
- Right to lodge a complaint: you have the right to lodge a complaint before the relevant data protection authority or supervisory authority of your jurisdiction.
*To exercise these rights, where applicable, please contact us via one of the contact methods stipulated under Section 2 above.
8. Retention of Personal Data
Webz.io will retain the scraped personal data for as long as we are confident that it is accurate and can be relied upon. Personal data which is no longer required for the purpose for which it was initially collected will be deleted unless we have a valid justification to retain it which is permitted under applicable law, such as to resolve disputes or comply with our legal obligations.
9. International Data Transfer
The scraped personal data, as detailed in this Notice, may be transferred to, and stored in, servers which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction and in countries that are not considered to offer an adequate level of protection under your local laws. It may also be processed by Webz.io and its suppliers, service providers or partners` staff operating outside your country.
Webz.io is committed to protecting personal data and will take appropriate steps to ensure that personal data is processed and stored securely and in accordance with applicable privacy laws, as detailed in this Notice. Such steps may include, but not limited to, putting in place data transfer agreements and ensuring our third-party service providers comply with Webz.io's data transfer protection measures.
Note to individuals located in the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA):
If you are located in the EU, you have a right to request further information regarding the data transfer mechanisms used by us with respect to data transfers to third countries outside the EU/EEA.
In order to keep personal data safe, we apply strict safeguards when transferring it outside of the EEA, which includes the following:
- Transferring your personal data to countries approved by the European Commission as having adequate data protection laws, such as Israel; or
- Entering into standard contracts that have been approved by the European Commission and which provide an adequate level of high quality protection, with the recipients personal data.
10. Changes to this Notice
Webz.io reserves the right to change this Notice at any time, so please re-visit this page frequently. We will provide notice of substantial changes of this Notice on the homepage of our website. Such substantial changes will take effect seven (7) days after such notice was provided on our site. Otherwise, all other changes to this Notice are effective as of the stated “Last Revised” date.